Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why is it so?

Ed Stetzer has blown my freaking mind again. If you haven't done so yet, go download the Convergent Conference from the podcast of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Amazing. Driscoll's message is great as well. But Stetzer made a great point that I can't get out of my head...

By the way, the talks are about emerging and emergent churches.
But here it is what is blowing my mind right now.

When you live like a missionary, you look similar to the world (the culture you're in), but you live differently.
Here's the deep irony.
We, in America, live identical to the culture and just look differently. That's sad.

This is nothing new or deep. But it reminds me our church culture is in desperate need for change.

Oh. And yeah, song lyrics keep coming to me. I'm excited about that. Peace.

No comments: